In today’s environment, we are faced with people who have become more sophisticated in their techniques to scam citizens of their money. You do not want to be a victim of fraud as it is a severe inconvenience to you and your family. Your best defense, however, is securing your card and personal funds against such attacks.
Point of Sale SAFETY TIPS:
Be vigilant at merchants.
- Let your card out of your sight
- Use your card at merchants where the Point of Sale (POS) machine is not visible
- Provide any personal information to merchants other than your ID
- Ever sign a blank transaction receipt
- Divulge your PIN to anyone, not even family.
- Be aware of your surroundings and have your card ready, as you approach the POS terminal.
- COVER your hand when entering your PIN at the point of sale terminal, if required. Make a habit of doing this even when you are alone.
- Verify the transaction value prior to finalizing your transaction
- Check your statements regularly or review all your transaction activity via Uon or UTC ATM mini statements. If there are transactions you do not recognize, immediately contact UTC via one of the following options:
- 625-8648 Available daily 7 a.m. to 10.00 p.m. inclusive of public holidays. After 10:00 p.m., a voice message can be left.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org advising of the transaction/s you do not recognize. Be sure to include a contact number as well.
- Visit the nearest UTC Investment Centre to report the unusual transaction activity.