In today’s environment, we are faced with people who have become more sophisticated in their techniques to scam citizens of their money. You do not want to be a victim of fraud as it is a severe inconvenience to you and your family. Your best defense, however, is securing your card and personal funds against such attacks.
Point of Sale SAFETY TIPS:
Be vigilant at merchants.
- Let your card out of your sight
- Use your card at merchants where the Point of Sale (POS) machine is not visible
- Provide any personal information to merchants other than your ID
- Ever sign a blank transaction receipt
- Divulge your PIN to anyone, not even family.
- Be aware of your surroundings and have your card ready, as you approach the POS terminal.
- COVER your hand when entering your PIN at the point of sale terminal, if required. Make a habit of doing this even when you are alone.
- Verify the transaction value prior to finalizing your transaction
- Check your statements regularly or review all your transaction activity via UTC U-Online or UTC ATM mini statements. If there are transactions you do not recognize, immediately contact UTC via one of the following options:
- 625-8648 Available daily 7 a.m. to 10.00 p.m. inclusive of public holidays. After 10:00 p.m., a voice message can be left.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org advising of the transaction/s you do not recognize. Be sure to include a contact number as well.
- Visit the nearest UTC Investment Centre to report the unusual transaction activity.