Financial Institutions consistently require account holders to update their registration information. While this process may at times be tedious for cardholders, it is imperative that we recognize the importance of updated registration information in the combating of card fraud.
Fraud Protection and Card Monitoring
In an environment with escalating fraudulent trends, financial institutions have all enforced measures to help safeguard their cardholders from various forms of card fraud. Many institutions attempt to reach out to cardholders periodically to confirm suspicious or unusual activity noted on their accounts. Updated registration details will ensure that financial institutions have all the information needed to investigate suspicious or unusual activity and to contact cardholders in instances where further information is required.
Delivery of Statements
Most financial institutions provide account statements periodically to their cardholders. These statements are usually forwarded to the registered mailing address of cardholders. In instances where cardholders no longer reside at a specific mailing address, we strongly recommend that the required update is completed at their financial institution. This will ensure that statements are only sent to addresses occupied by the designated cardholders and ensure the safety of the cardholder account, registration and transactional information.
When traveling it is important that cardholders advise their financial institutions of their travel itinerary and contact information while abroad. This will ensure that cardholders are not inconvenienced due to the detection of any unusual foreign/international activity on their account.
- Visit an Investment Centre of your choice to update your account information.
- Contact the UTC at 625-UNIT (8648) to learn more about the required documents to complete the updates and to speak with a representative if further information is required.
- Email email@example.com between the hours of 7:00 a.m. t0 10:00 p.m. daily (including weekends and public holidays) to find out more about updating your account information
- Email contactcentre or firstname.lastname@example.org with your travel itinerary.
- Check and verify your account details online frequently using UTC's U-Online Service