With ever increasing Card Fraud it is imperative that we inform you, our key stakeholder in Card Fraud Protection and Mitigation, of the need for Daily Vigilance.
The *Nilson Report placed Global Card Fraud at US$14 billion in 2014. This figure continues to rise.
When using your card at merchants remember:
- Do not let your UTC Visa Debit card out of your sight.
- Do not use your card at merchants where the POS machine is not visible.
- Do not provide any personal information to merchants other than your IDs.
- Do not ever sign a blank transaction receipt.
- Do not leave the store without your UTC Visa Debit card and receipt.
Your vigilance does not stop after leaving the merchant. Always remember to:
- Use UTC U-Online to verify your account activity with your receipts.
- Pay close attention to your account activity after any overseas travels.
- Shred receipts after verifying your information.
- Immediately notify the UTC at 625-8648. Then, select Option 3. Between the hours of 7:00am and 10:00pm daily or email CardandOnlineServiceRepresentatives@ttutc.com to report any unfamiliar transactions reflected on your account.
* Nilson Report is the most respected newsletter covering the payment systems industry. For over 41 years, they have provided an extensive range of proprietary statistics as well as concise news coverage detailing the worldwide progress of card issuers and acquirers, vendors, and service providers.