Capital is invested primarily in equity and fixed income securities issued or guaranteed by corporations in the European Region. Other financial instruments with values directly based on the value of securities from this region, are also included in this region-specific Fund.
Disclaimer: It is important investors take the time to fully understand our financial products prior to investing. The information below is provided to give basic information on this product. Take the time to discuss your investments with our staff and understand all risks prior to investing.
A Quick Look at the European Fund
Concentration of Investment
- European Union Member States
- Any other sovereign state considered by the United Nations to be part of the European continent
- US$ denominated
- Minimum initial investment US$100
- Minimum subsequent investment US$20
- Potential for capital stability and current income
- Portfolio diversification
- Tax efficient
Who Should Invest
This Fund will give you exposure to international markets at varying levels of risk. So to determine whether this Fund is for you, answer the following questions:
- Are you interested in exposure to European markets?
- Are you seeking a product offering potential long-term growth of capital?
- Do you have a long-term investment horizon?
- Can you accept price fluctuations?
- Do you have a medium to high risk tolerance?
If you answer "yes" to all these questions then you should consider investing in the UTC European Fund!
In operation since 1982, the Fund’s Investment Manager and Distributor is the Trinidad & Tobago Unit Trust Corporation. With Funds under Management at over US$2.5 billion, the UTC is the Caribbean’s largest mutual fund manager. The UTC manages equity as well as fixed income portfolios covering Trinidad & Tobago, the Caribbean and the US Markets. The UTC’s funds have delivered consistently competitive returns for over 500,000 investors throughout the Caribbean.
|The European Fund Chart
||Long Term Potential for Capital Growth
||Equities and Fixed Income securities
||Very Aggressive - Potential for significant fluctuation in value of investments
||Discretionary (total return fund)
||Quarterly – available online
|Minimum Subsequent Purchase
||Same Day without penalty
||Up to 2% net asset value
||5% of offer price