Currently Browsing : General
- Do I need to insert a PIN when requesting the TTIF Debit Card?
Yes, you are required to select a PIN upon collection of your card. You alone will know this number.
- Do I have to sign the TTIF Debit Card?
You must sign the back of the card immediately upon collection.
- Can I have a Visa Electron Card on a company account?
No, only on individual accounts.
- Can I have more than one Visa Electron Card associated with different TTIF accounts?
No, a customer can only have one card associated with one TTIF account.
- Can I have two Visa Electron Cards on the same TTIF account?
No, the system allows one card per customer.
- Can I obtain a card if there is a collateral hold on my TTIF account?
Yes, you can. You must however, have a minimum balance of TT$100, upon application for the card.
- Do I need to present an ID when conducting POS transactions?
Yes. However, merchants can and sometimes do not request photo ID before completing a transaction.
- What if someone learns or uses my PIN without my permission?
Immediately call or visit any UTC Investment Centre if there are unauthorised transactions on your account.
- Will this card be accepted internationally?
Yes, the card will be accepted worldwide at over 800,000 ATMs and 12 million merchants.
- Will there be a staff member to take my call after working hours?
There is an After Hours Customer Service Desk. Monday to Sunday (inclusive of Public Holidays) 7.00 am to 10.00 pm.
- When will I receive statements to show transactions I made on my account?
Statements will be mailed to you monthly, therefore customers who have a Visa Electron Card and a USIF Visa Debit Card will receive monthly statements instead of quarterly on their accounts. For all other accounts, customers will continue to receive quarterly statements with the exception of th ...
- What if I forget my PIN?
UTC has no way of knowing your PIN, therefore the card will be cancelled and a replacement card issued.Please note there will be a TT$50 card replacement fee for the TTIF Visa Debit card
- What is the procedure if my card is lost/stolen overseas?
Immediately call VISA International and file a lost/stolen report. The Visa Assistance Centre (USA & Canada)call toll free1-800-847-2911. From other countries, call collect 1-410-581-9994.
- What is the procedure if my card is lost/ stolen locally?
Immediately call the Contact Centre at 868-625-8648 or visit any Investment Centre to file a report. Written notification must be submitted within forty eight (48) hours after the call.
- If I apply for a TTIF Debit Card, when will I receive my card?
You can collect your card five (5) working days after you complete your application.
- Is there an expiry date?
Yes, the card is valid for three (3) years after which a replacement card will be provided. However on the anniversary date of the card, an annual fee of TT$50, isa Electron cards.y accept Linx cards.will be deducted automatically from the TTIF account respectively of the customer.
- Can I use my card to do external transactions (e.g. mail orders, internet)?
No, your card can only be used at points of sale or ATMs.
- Can I use my card to purchase items on the Internet?
No. Your card cannot be used to make purchases on the Internet, Mail Order & Telephone Order (MOTO).
- Can someone else collect my card on my behalf?
No, your card must be collected in person along with two (2) forms of identification.
- Can the Visa Debit card be used for transactions at POS merchants internationally?
Yes, POS transactions can be done with your UTC Visa Electron Debit Card overseas.
(Page 1 of 2)