1. Review your account history
Use UTC U-Online on a regular basis to review transaction history on your account. Verify account activity with receipts received from merchants.
Be sure to immediately report any unusual transactions to the nearest Unit Trust Investment Centre.
2. Protect your PIN
Securing your PIN is one of the most effective ways to protect your investment. Always remember:-
- NEVER reveal your PIN to anyone
- Do not write your PIN down
- Do not use PINS such as date of birth or significant dates
- Cover the key pad when entering your PIN at an ATM or point of sale terminal
3. Be vigilant at merchants and ATMs.
When using your card at merchantsremember:-
- Do not let your card out of your sight
- Do not use your card at merchants where the Point Of Sale (POS) machine is not visible
- Do not provide any personal information to merchants other than your ID
- Do not ever sign a blank transaction receipt
When using your card at ATMs remember:-
- Be aware of your surroundings as you approach an ATM
- Do not accept help from anyone at the ATM
- Always use machines during the day or at well-lit locations during the night.
- Do not use any ATM that has suspicions or protruding parts or unusual card readers.
4. Reporting lost, stolen or unusual card activity
If your wallet is lost or stolen, or you notice any unusual account activity notify UTC immediatelyvia the options belowto restrict your card activity and verify last transactions.
- Dial 625-8648.Option 3. Available daily 7.00 am to 10.00 pm, including public holidays.NB: After 10.00 pm, you can leave a voice message and our team will respond to your message.
- Send an email to CardandOnlineServiceRepresentatives@ttutc.com advising that your card has been lost/stolen. Be sure to include a contact number for contact during the hours of 7:00 am to 10.00 pm, including public holidays.
- File a report with the police and submit a copy to UTC. Documenting the incident with authorities may aid in locating the perpetrator(s).
Complete an Affidavit of Claim Form (ACF) at UTC to initiate an investigation. Ensure that all supporting documents are provided to the Customer Service Representative to fulfill your request.